our Health Index for More Subjects, Conditions and
Food Combining Diet
How this diet works:
70 percent of the foods allowed are fruits and vegetables, the other 30 percent consist of one or two servings of starch such as rice or pasta and minimum amounts of animal protein. Dairy products are prohibited. Proponents claim that weight loss occurs when foods are eaten in the correct combinations.
Eating more fruits and vegetables is highly encouraged by most health authorities. Weight loss may occur rapidly due to the limits on types of foods allowed.
This diet is deficient in many nutrients, including protein, calcium, zinc, and vitamins D and B12. The concept of food combining is controversial. In fact, combining foods in the same meal often enhances the absorption of nutrients, such as eating oranges (high in vitamin C) with steak to increase the absorption of iron from that meal.
More information about this diet:
You can eat at
restaurants. Alcohol and caffeine are not allowed.
It is okay for vegetarians.
Book: The Complete Book of Food Combining: A New, Easy-to-Use Guide to the Most Successful Diet Ever
Find out about "Not Losing Weight to Get Healthy,
But Getting Healthy to Lose Weight"
If you would like to receive the
Sign up by clicking here: Newsletter Signup
take privacy and security seriously, read about it
Back to Diets
Tips Health Concerns